It was my dream since childhood to be a doctor and to heal people of their sufferings and pain. I Joined MBBS at Government Medical Trivandrum in Kerala in 2000. I passed MBBS in 2005 with several distinctions and was runners up in gold medal examinations in Internal Medicine, Surgery, ENT, Pediatrics and Community Medicine.
Joined MD Internal Medicine at Government Medical College, Trivandrum in 2007 after securing rank in TOP 40 in AIPMT in first attempt. Was keenly interested in Rheumatology and Gastroenterology initially but later decided pursuing Neurology.
During my Academic tenure I had actively participated in Quiz competitions related to medical subjects. Had won the National Internal Medicine quiz at kottayam in 2005 during final MBBS days. I was State Runner Up in at IAN pediatric Quiz. During MD General Medicine training had won top positions in quiz related to Rheumatology and Oncology. During DM Neurology training I won the prestigious IAN Postgraduate Quiz at NIMHANS, Bangalore in 2014. Received the Torrent Young Scholar Award in zonal levels in the field of general medicine and Neurology.
I had decided to take up my practice in Durgapur in view of lack of proper Neurological services in this area. Started full time Neurological services at Mission Hospital, Durgapur since 2014. Thrombolysis of acute stroke is being regularly done in the department. I have organized numerous health lectures for Primary general practitioners and physicians on stroke, epilepsy, headache and other common neurological problems. I had organized a National Stroke Update on July 2015 at Mission Hospital Durgapur with eminent speakers and neurologists from the country participating in the same. My aim is to provide standard Neurological treatment at par with best neurology institutes for the benefit of people residing in this part of West Bengal.
To schedule an appointment, please call: +91-7477795100 / +91-7477795101
|MBBS||Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala University||2000-2005||First class throughout|
|MD – General Medicine||Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala University||2007-2010||First class|
|DM NEUROLOGY||Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi||DEEMED University||2011-2014||First class|
|PGCC Rheumatology||Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA)||–||–||First class|
|2014 till now||HOD Neurology||The Mission Hospital,Durgapur||Neurology|
|2011-2014||Senior Resident||AIMS, Kochi||Neurology|
|2007-2010||Junior Resident||Government Medical College,
Other Degree’s & Achievements
|Speciality Certification Exam (SCE) Neurology||Royal college of Physicians, UK||2017|
|Postgraduate Certification in Paediatric Neurology
|British Pediatric Neurology Association, London||2015-2017|
- Post Graduate Certification in Rheumatology- IMA AKN Sinha Institute-2014
- Life Member of Indian Epilepsy Association
- Life Member of Indian Epilepsy Society
- Member of American Academy of Neurology(AAN)
- Member of European academy of neurology(EAN)
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN)(LM 1045)
- Life Member of Indian Stroke Association (ISA – 588)
- Life Member of Indian Rheumatology Association (LM 967)
- Life Member of Association of Neurologist and Neuro Scientists of Eastern India (ANNEI)-YLI
- Life Member of Multiple Sclerosis Society of India
- Life Member of Movement Disorder Society of India (MDSI) -RM150
- Associate Member of International Headache Society (IHS)
- Member of International Society of NeuroImmunology (INSI)
- Life Member of Alzheimer and Related disorder society (ARDSI) of India
- Life Member of Autoimmune disorder (subsection) of IAN
- Life Member of Pediatric Neurology subsection of IAN
- Life Member of Headache Subsection of IAN
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association
- Member of the Editorial board of STM journal of Neurosciences
AWARDS AND MEDALS:
- 1. BUDUR KRISHNA MEMORIAL CONFERENCE AWARD-Goa Sleepcon Sept,2017
- 2. NIMHANS NEUROPHYSIOLOGY AWARD-Goa sleepcon,sept-2017
- 3. IMA Man of the Year award, Durgapur East Branch, West Bengal,2017-2018
- 1. Radhakrishnan S, Padmajan RK, Yadav PK, James E, Anandkumar A. Beta-interferon therapy in relapsing and remitting multiple sclerosis – challenges in an emerging country. Int J Nutr Pharmacol Neurol Dis 2014;4, Suppl S1:34
- 2. Intracranial hypertension: A rare presentation of lupus nephritis.Yadav P, Nair A, Cherian A, Sibi NS, Kumar A.J Pediatr Neurosci. 2010 Jul;5(2):132-4
- 3. Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangitis (Churg Strauss Syndrome) presenting as Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)- A Case Report,Praveen Kumar Yadav et al JMSCR Volume 05 Issue 11 November 2017
- 4. Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangitis (Churg Strauss Syndrome) presenting as Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)- A Case Report,Praveen Kumar Yadav et al JMSCR Volume 05 Issue 11 November 2017
- 5. Ischemic Stroke as the Initial Presenting Manifestation of Polycythemia Rubra Vera-a case report,JMSCR,Volume 05 Issue 11 November 2017
- 6. “Unsual Presentation of Tubercular Meningitis: Two Case Report ,Praveen Kumar Yadav,JMSCR,Volume 05 Issue 09 September 2017
- 7. Bilateral Hypertrophic Olivary Degeneration-A Rare and delayed complication following pontine hemmoraghe,Praveen kumar Yadav,JMSCR,Vol 05,Issue 08,August ,2017
- 8. Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis-A rare presenting manifestation of Thyrotoxicosis-International Journal of clinical diagnosis and research(IJCRD),sept 9th,2017
- 9. A Emerging cause of treatable encephalitis-praveen kumar Yadav,Dipanwita sen, International Journal of clinical diagnosis and research(IJCDR),sept 9th,2017
- 10. “Classification and Determination of Human Emotional States using EEG ” –praveen kumar Yadav,sougata bandopadhay,Asif,Maity ” Accepted for Publication ” in SSRG International Journal of Medical Science (SSRG-IJMS), December 2017 Edition.
- 1. Total of 25 papers presented in various state and national conferences.
AWARDS FOR PAPER PRESENTATIONS:
1. NATIONAL CONFERENCES(Award for platform presentation)
- 1. 1st Prize in NEUROPEDICON-Pediatric Neurology National conference,Dec,2013 (pediatric IIH)
- 2. 2nd Prize in International Update on Movement disorder held on feb 2014,siliguri(Non motor manifestations of Idiopathic parkinsons disease)
- 3. 3rd prize pediatric neurology national conference,2015,kolkota(pediatric IIH)
- 4. 2nd prize in “Neurocriticon” Nov 2012.(SPECTRUM OF OSMOTIC DEMYELINATION)
2. AWARDS for STATE CONFERENCE
- 1. 1st Prize in award paper presentation in Neurological society of India, Kerala chapter-feb 2013 (SILENT PERIODS IN PRACTICE,NORMATIVE INDIAN DATA)
- 2. 3rd Prize in Kerala Association on Neurologist Mid Term meet, Nov-2013.(OXALOSIS AND STROKE)
- 3. 3rd prize in Kerala association of neurologists (KAN) annual conference, Dec-2011 (POSTERIOR REVERSIBLE ENCEPHALOPATHY SYNDROME)
COMPETITIONS WON DURING NEUROLOGY TRAINING:
- 1. First prize in All India Quiz for Neurology ,held at NIMHANS Bangalore on April 2014.
- 2. Winner in South India (included Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra pradesh) in the Prestigious Torrent Young Scholar award (TYSA-2013) for the Best Neurology Brain participated by almost all final year DM Residents all over the country.
- 3. Stood 4th in India in the National Round of TYSA-2013.
PAPERS PRESENTED IN NATIONAL CONFERENCES –
- Total of 4 papers presented as posters in IRACON (Indian Rheumatology association National Conference- 2009, 2010).
- Rheumatological manifestations of HIV Infection and its relation to disease duration and CD4 count(IRACON 2009)
- Pseudotumourcerebri as presenting manifestation of LUPUS Nephritis(IRACON 2010)
- Leprae reaction presenting as seropositive rheumatoid arthritis(IRACON 2010)
- Antisynthetase syndrome-case reports(IRACON 2010)
PAPER PRESENTED AT STATE CONFERENCES –
- Association of Physcians of India , Kerala chapter-2010
- Indian Rheumatology Association –Kerala chapter, jan 2009
- Indian Rheumatology Association-Kerala chapter,may,2010
QUIZ & ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES –
- 2nd prize All India Quiz competition on CML-2009 at ADYAR institute of cancer, Chennai’
- Winner of STATE round of ALL India Young Scholar programme-2010 by Torrent.
- First prize in All Kerala QUIZ for post graduates during IRA-Kerala chapter meeting held at Calicut 2010.
- 1. Distinction in subjects like Biochemistry, Phsiology, ENT, Opthalmology and paediatrics.
- 2. IAP Pediatric Quiz Winner: First in college round and second in state round.
- 3. Winner of ALL India Quiz on General Medicine at Kottayam (2005).
- 4. Among Top 3 finalists in gold medal exams for General Medicine, Pediatrics and General Surgery.
RESEARCH WORK DONE-
- Questionaaire based assessment in awareness of leptospirosis in a rural agricultural based community in Kerala
MD GENERAL MEDICINE-
- Rheumatological manifestations of HIV infection(Thesis work which presented as poster presentation in Indian Rheumatology association National conference 2008)
- 1. Using support vector machines to detect dysautonomia in ICU patients(Thesis work,published in International electronics Journal,2014)
- 2. Oxalosis and its relationship to stroke
- 3. Silent periods –Normative data and utility in clinical practice
- 4. Osmotic demyelination syndromes-clinicoradiological correlation
- 5. Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome(PRES)-Clinicoradiological patterns
- 6. Pediatric Idiopathic intracranial profile-clinicalprofile,radiology and follow up
- 7. Non motor manifestations of parkinsons disease
- 1. Took classes for undergraduate as well as Interns during Junior Residency programme in General Medicine
- 2. Took Clinical classes for undergraduate and post graduate students in neurology during 3 years tenure as Senior Residency in Neurology
- 3. Have conducted many CME and talks in important Neurological disorders like stroke,headache,epilepsy,parkinsonism etc to increase awareness of these disorders among primary care doctors
- 4. Organised a National Conference on STROKE at mission Hospital Durgapur in july 2015
- 5. Have taken Academic classes for Emergency Medicine postgraduates